Boating Accidents Often Result In Serious Injuries
Boating accidents and injuries are unfortunately common in the coastal state of Florida, and here at BCN Law Firm we have successfully represented many victims of boating accidents and injuries. We have a deep understanding of the complex ins and outs of maritime law, and know how to hold manufacturers, negligent boat operators, marinas, cruise lines, and other recreational boating industry representatives accountable for what they did.
Florida is known for beautiful coastlines, sunny skies, gorgeous beaches, and crystal blue waters- which all adds up to busy boating seasons. Boating is one of the top recreational activities around Florida, and while it can be an enjoyable and fun activity, it also raises the risk of injury to its participants. Unfortunately, Florida is not only a top boating state but also the number one state for boating accidents every year, with many victims suffering severe injuries that deserve significant compensation under Florida state law. If you were injured in a Florida boating accident, you need an experienced maritime lawyer on your side to help you get the compensation you are legally entitled to.
Boating Accident Causes
In order to successfully file a claim and recover compensation for their injuries, victims of boating accidents must pinpoint the exact causes of their accident. Some common causes of boating accidents include:
- Impaired boat operators
- Defective boating equipment
- Failing to follow boating regulations
- Failure to maintain a proper look out
- Error on the part of the boat operator
- Improper maintenance
Boat accidents come in many forms, such as:
- When a person injures themself while on a boat, like in a slip and fall
- When a person injures themself off a boat trying to get on or off the boat or by the boat itself
- When a person is injured by defective boating equipment or a reckless boat operator
- When multiple boats are involved, such as a collision
Common Types Of Boat Accident Injuries
Boat accident injuries can range widely from mild to severe. Some common types of injuries we often see victims of severe boating accidents include:
- Spinal cord injuries- Any type of spinal cord injury can have severe consequences, such as impaired coordination, tingling in the extremities, numbness, weakness, and even paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injuries- Traumatic brain injuries are common in slip and fall incidents and collisions, and typically develop when a person hits their head on another object or receives blunt force trauma. Victims of severe TBI can develop life-long disabilities that prevent them from being able to work or to live without assistance.
- Soft tissue injuries- Boating accidents are notorious for creating serious soft tissue injuries like contusions, lacerations, sprains,and strains. These types of injuries potentially may result in long-term, life-altering issues such as permanent scarring or disfigurement.
Contact Us Today
Boating accidents are extremely common in Florida, and may result in severe, life-altering injuries. If you were injured in a boating accident, you need an experienced boat accident attorney on your side to help you navigate the complexities of the case. Call BCN Law Firm to learn more and consult with a Florida maritime lawyer today.